Data Protection Statement
1 . Introduction
Flex-e-card is committed to ensuring that all of the personal information it holds is secured, protected and used responsibly at all times. Flex-e-card ensures that it complies with current data protection legislation.
2. Data Controller
For the purposes of collecting and processing your personal information Flex-e-card is a data controller, as defined by the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998, (Data Controller Register reference number Z7091318).
3. Data Protection Principles
Flex-e-card is fully compliant with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and follows the eight data protection principles contained therein:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully;
- Personal data shall be obtained and processed for specific lawful purposes;
- Personal data held must be adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date;
- Personal data shall not be kept for longer than necessary;
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with rights of data subjects;
- Personal data must be kept secure; and
- Personal data shall not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Flex-e-card will collect personal information for the purposes detailed within this Statement.
We use your personal information for:
- Processing gift card orders, including identification checks where necessary;
- Providing customer services;
- Processing payments;
- Activating and managing gift cards;
- Managing gift clubs and group gifting;
- Responding to complaints;
- Providing marketing information relating to our business;
- Providing marketing information to the owner or operator of the village affiliated to your gift card, where you have agreed to this;
- Providing the services available via our website(s);
- Managing and administering our products and services; and
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
4. What Information is Collected?
Flex-e-card may collect, store and process information about you including:
- Personal information about you, including your name, address, date of birth, contact telephone number and E – mail address;
- Other personal information relevant to the products or services which you are using or purchasing;
- Other personal information required for the fulfilment of our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Your communication preferences;
- Gift card information, including card activation and balance check information;
- Information provided via any communication method; and
- Gift clubs and group gifting information.
5. How Long is Information Retained?
Flex-e-card retains information for the duration of our relationship with you and for a period defined beyond this by local legal and regulatory requirements.
6. Who Processes Your Information?
Flex-e-card work with a number of select organisations who act as ‘data processors’ and who assist with the delivery of our products and services by:
- Fulfilling orders;
- Delivering packages;
- Sending postal mail and E – mails;
- Processing payments;
- Hosting our websites;
- Verifying your identity;
- Providing marketing assistance; and
- Analysing data.
7. Your Rights
You have a right to a copy of the information which we hold about you. A request for your information must be made in writing, either via E – mail to [email protected] or via post to Flex-e-card, 2 St. James’ Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE1 4BE. In order to process your request, you must provide us with a range of details which initially include:
- Date of birth;
- Contact details, including telephone number and E – mail address; and
- Details of the Flex-e-card products you own or have purchased.
Your request is subject to the payment of a fee of £10 which must be received before your request can be processed. Upon receipt of your request we will contact you to arrange payment.
You also have the right to request that incorrect information which we hold about you, be corrected. To do so, please contact us via E – mail to [email protected] or via post to Flex-e-card, 2 St. James’ Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE1 4BE.
8. How do we Keep Information Secure?
Flex-e-card uses best of breed security technology and has highly developed processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information.
9. Transfer of Information Outside of the EEA
Flex-e-card does not transfer any of your information outside of the European Economic Area and all of our locations are subject to European data protection law.
10. Processing for Marketing
With your consent Flex-e-card will keep you updated on products and services which you may be interested in. You can opt out of this at any time by sending an E – mail to [email protected].
With your consent we may share your information with the owner or operator of the shopping centre affiliated to your gift card. You can opt out of this at any time by sending an E – mail to [email protected]. By default your information is not shared externally.
11. Contacting Flex-e-card for Further Information
For further information in relation to data protection, please contact Flex-e-card at [email protected]